Pages

Ads

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

1 Minute DIY Window Treatment

Good Morning. : )
I have found another reason to turn something old into a new idea.
My grandmother had given me a lace overlay a few months ago. It was so pretty and FROM HER so I wanted to do something special with it. (not have it buried away in a closet for months)
Last week, I showed you the "Before" and "Half Way Done Bedroom Reveal" and saw the horrific bedroom window blinds that were in the room. There was old splattered paint on the blinds as if someone just came in the room and decided to splatter paint.
I have been in the process of picking fabric for the curtains and came up with the idea to use the lace as a window treatment. It took about 1 minute to hang it the way I wanted and I used 3 thumbtacks in the wall to hold the fabric in place. (and cause I am a renter)
Simple, Easy, and Pretty! Check out this feature at Wow Us Wednesdays! http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/







6 comments:

  1. I didn't realize you we're renting too! I really like what you did with that lace, which btw, is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I am : ) I love the challenge of renting : ) Thanks Doreen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I have a batten burg lace table topper as a window treatment in my powder room, and love it! Great idea for your lace, and it looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to see! Thank you for the compliment!
    Have a great Sunday.
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! I like the way you design and give beautiful look to windows. I love that white color curtain. Thanks for sharing this post.

    ReplyDelete