Pages

Ads

Thursday, September 26, 2013

No Sew DIY Fake Window

Recently, I made a bold move to buy fabric from and make my own window treatments. Yes, actual fabric, not a shower curtain or something I had lying around my home : )
The package from fabric.com came and I was so excited. I couldn't wait to make the curtains for my bedroom right away....and then I had a better idea.
The wall, to the right of my bed, is super big! I get overwhelmed by big walls. Not sure on where to begin with decorating but then I had a thought. I could make a fake window in the middle of the big wall. The fabric would break up the large canvas of a wall and actually does look like there is now a window there. I still have to add some art and shelving, but am happy with the way the fake window broke up the large blank slate. Happy Weekend! Partying over at www.jenniferrizzo.com
 
Supplies:
Fabric (I cut the pieces in half)
Scissors
Staple gun: I stapled the fabric over with a two inch margin.
Curtain Rod (Had leftover from last apartment)
For Renters: I used 3M adhesive hooks so I did not have to drill holes in the wall.
BORING!


Ugh! Love it!



Wala! A magical window appeared : )

2 comments:

  1. Love it! What a great solution to the problem! And the fabric is so pretty!

    Happy day!
    karianne

    ReplyDelete