Pages

Ads

Monday, July 29, 2013

Project Nightstand

I am so excited that one of my friend's gave me the opportunity to purchase two of her nightstands. She was moving and has no room in storage for them...so I jumped right on the chance. They have great "bones" and just what I was looking for. I have been wanting to try a new color of chalk paint....preferably red...and this might just be the opportunity : )
I found this red by Anne Sloan called Emperor's Silk....think this is where I am going with these nightstands. Can't wait to distress them and see how they come out!
Clear then dark wax and rich red Chalk Paint™, Emperors Silk, by Annie Sloan.
Found this picture on Pinterest....Sloan's Emperor Silk...Love it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alison! I wanted to stop by after Haven and say hi and check out your blog a bit. I came across this post and it caught my eye because I've used Emperor Red on a dresser and a rocker. I actually ended up tinting it a bit with some black paint because it was a bit too red for the space (it's our weekend place which happens to be a log cabin). Come to think of it I also used it on some inexpensive wood folding chairs.

    I see you're in Jersey. I think you may have mentioned that at Haven but I don't remember what part. I'm in White Plains NY. It was good to meet you and I hope you enjoyed your time at Haven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Doreen! Thank you for the great tip! I actually had a last minute change of heart and went with "Duck Egg" color.....it should come today! Isn't it a problem when you get excited for paint to arrive : )
    Yes, I am the one who is living in Montclair and moving to Nyack, NY Wednesday! Post to follow : )
    We should definitely get together and go thriftng!

    ReplyDelete